Chinese Government Scholarship Program
Harbin Institute of Technology Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy and law as a whole. In 2009, HIT became a member of Top 9 (C9) in China. HIT is now well on its way towards achieving the goal of being a world—class university, which is a leading engineering university ranks in the world’s Top 7 in US News 2017.
Applicants should post their applications in time to the College of International Education (hereinafter referred to as CIE) of HIT from October 15 to December 31 each year.
Note:The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- Educational background required and age limit: Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35; Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Details of the Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates: Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
- Within the scholarship duration, scholarship students who registered at CIE on time will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason（school holidays excluded）, the stipend will be stopped during the leaving.
- Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency should take Chinese language courses for one academic years to reach the language requirements of their host universities before moving on to their major studies. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship and the following major studies will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship recipients of the English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency do not need to take Chinese language courses.
- Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies for illness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of returning and coming back should be paid by their own. The students, who are allowed by the school authority to suspend their education, can remain their scholarship. The scholarship status will be reserved one year at most; however, the monthly living stipend will be stopped during the suspension of study. The scholarship status of the students who suspend their studies for acceptable reasons other than illness will be terminated.
- Comprehensive Insurance for International students in China refers to the Comprehensive Medical Insurance insured by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China （hereinafter referred to as MOE） for the scholarship students in China. The institution is entitled to ask for compensation with the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
||Categories of Applicants||Duration of Major Studies||Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies||Duration of Scholarship|
|1.||Master’s Degree Students||2||1||2-3|
|2.||Doctoral Degree Students||4||1||4-5|
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- Application Form of Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Highest full-time study diploma (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).Note: If applicants are university students or already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate.
- Transcripts (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
- A study or research plan (no less than 800 words). The format can be downloaded from official website:http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors.
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.Note: Note: The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17). Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
- Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Complement: Application Process of Chinese Government Scholarship
Step 1. Those who are available for online application of China Scholarship Council shall fill in and print the application form after submitting online. The CSC Online Application System is available at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
Choose type B (HIT university code is 10213)
Step 2. Remit at bank the Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB. Remittance Information:
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
NOTICE: Applicants should post the paper application materials with the copy of remittance receipt. Whether admitted or not, paper materials and material assessment fee is non-refundable, and the remittance fee shall be paid by the applicants.
Step 3. The applicants need to prepare the application materials as the brochure listed. The highest diploma and transcripts which should be notarized or the copy with the official stamp of university will be regarded effectively.
Step 4. All the application materials should be in duplicate in printed hard paper form and post to Harbin Institute of Technology.
Address: Room 302, No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin (150001), China
College of International Education, Harbin Institute of Technology
Selection of Specialty
Please visit our website at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17 for more details. Or download for details >
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except Sociology). Master degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the English programs of Management, Material Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanic Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology. Applicant with no command of Chinese is required to take one-year Chinese language course and need to pass HSK 4 to continue the following major studies taught in Chinese. For programs taught in English, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate, a score above 80 for TOEFL or 5.5 for IELTS, and certificate from former university is also acceptable.
Approval and Notification
- HIT will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be regarded as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or incomplete.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact the professor prior to application and please enclose the acceptance letter from supervisors of HIT.
- Applicants accepted by HIT will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOE for the record.
- Applicants are not permitted to change their supervisors，specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
- HIT will post the original Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates.
- Applicants who fail to register before September 30 will be regarded as giving up the scholarship.
Ms. SHAO Wei (Mongolia, Japan): Tel: +86-451-86412647 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. ZHAO Lin (Asia, Europe): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
Ms. LI Zhuoran (Oceania, Africa, Americas): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: email@example.com
Ms. PIAO Yuejin (Korea): Tel: +86-451-86412647 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. LIU Wei (Russian Countries and Regions): Tel: +86-451-86412029 E-mail: email@example.com
Add: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin (150001), China
Please mark clearly “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope.
The CIE will keep the explanation authority for this brochure.
HIT QINGRUI Scholarship
In order to encourage and attract more excellent International students to study at HIT, develop English-medium courses, Harbin Institute of Technology and Daqing Zhongyou Qingrui Petroleum Technology Co. Ltd. co-founded HIT-Qingrui Scholarship for International Students (hereinafter referred to as Qingrui Scholarship). Qingrui Scholarship is funded by Daqing Zhongyou Qingrui Petroleum Technology Co. Ltd., managed by College of International Education of HIT.
Scholarship Evaluation and Management Principles
Qingrui Scholarship is evaluated under the principle of fair, just and open, and will follow safety, law-abiding, efficient, dedicated management principles.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- International Students who want to come to HIT to study English-medium bachelor or master degrees, Chinese-medium bachelor degrees with a strong academic background
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
First-class Scholarship: exempt from tuition fee, housing fee, and living allowance will be provided (bachelor: 1000RMB/month, master: 1300RMB/month);
Second-class Scholarship: exempt from tuition fee and housing fee;
Third-class Scholarship: exempt from tuition fee.
Duration of Scholarship
Bachelor: 4 years (Architecture school: 5 years)
Master: 2 years
- Application Form of Qingrui Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- High school graduation certificate (notarized photocopy). If applicants are high school students, they should provide a pre-graduation certificate.
- Transcripts (notarized photocopy)
- Chinese courses: HSK-4 certificate (except for Chinese literature)
- Study plan
- Passport copy
- Application Form of Qingrui Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- ighest Diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students, they should provide a pre-graduation certificate.
- Transcripts (notarized photocopy)
- A study or research plan
- Two recommendation letters
- English: TOEFL (90)/ IELTS (5.5)
- Passport Copy
- Students, who are studying at Harbin Institute of Technology should download the “Application Form of Qingrui Scholarship for Outstanding International Students”, fill it in, and then submit it to your own School (Department). After the Undergraduate or Graduate School’s (Department’s) review, submit the application form to the College of International Education for evaluation.
- Students, who want to come to Harbin Institute of Technology should download the “Application Form of Qingrui Scholarship for Outstanding International Students”, fill it in and send it with other application materials to the College of International Education. The College of International Education will arrange materials for review.
- None of the application materials will be returned to the applicant. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
From April 1st to May 30th every year. Scholarship result will be released on June 15, every year.
- Qingrui Scholarship students should sign your name at the College of International Education during the 15th-20th of every month. If you fail to sign up, we will stop your monthly living allowance. During periods of requested leave or suspension, the living allowance will not be paid and there will be no re-pay.
- School will arrange an annual review in May for Qingrui Scholarship students. Students should pass the annual review. Otherwise, the school will cancel your scholarship. In any of the following circumstances, students will not be allowed to participate in the scholarship review and the scholarship will be canceled:
a. Violation of school regulations or Chinese Law;
b. Failure to register on time without permission, leaving school or absence from classes for more than one month for non-health related reasons;
c. The percentage of failed courses is equal to 30% or more each academic year;
d. Failure to meet the program’s requirements in time.
- The status of Qingrui Scholarship students, who cannot graduate on time for personal reasons, will be transferred to the status of self-financed students for the extension period.
- Scholarship students, who want to quit school for personal reasons, will be regarded as giving up the scholarship automatically.
The College of International Education maintains explanatory authority for this brochure.